Monday, October 31, 2011

LVAD Surgery Night...

We were finally able to go in ans see him at 8:30 Pm. Even though I tried my hardest to prepare myself, It was still so hard seeing him like that. He had an IV in his neck, arms,  and breathing tube. The doctor told us that he was going to be really swollen, but he wasn't . He looked as perfect as ever. They also had told us that they may not be able to close his chest right away, but they were. I was so happy about that. I took his hand and asked him if he could hear me and he shook his head yes. That just meant the world to me. The nurse told us that he was trying to wake up in the elevator right after surgery..They just couldn't believe it. He followed all the commands from the nurse..that was awesome. His eyes were still closed, but at least we knew he could hear us, and that was all we could've hoped for.

I tried my best to stay the night, but the nurse said people were going to be in and out all night. Oh yeah about that time the tears started flowing...I didn't want to leave him. Jason's sister, Christy came over and just held me. It was so touching, I'll never forget that.  Everyone left and  I just stood there touching his face and holding his hands. I couldn't kiss him because of the way he was laying, I didn't like that one bit!

The nurse and I talked a little bit more. She said the OR report looked great, and was short and sweet. He didn't need a blood transfusion, but she still couldn't understand why he kept trying to wake up. She said the anesthesiologist  said he had given him plenty medicine to keep him sleep. I have to say, I didnt expect him to be doing so great, but I'd didn't surprise me...Thats my Jason!

I again started crying when I was about to leave and I'll never forget what the nurse said.. she said   " Shannon I will be here with him all night long, if you want to call every hour or can. If you want to call and just talk to him, Ill put the phone up to his ear, hell be able to hear you. Of course that kind of kindness just made me cry even more,  it was so sweet.  She gave me to strength to leave, she was my angel that night...
My little sleeping beauty...

No comments:

Post a Comment