Monday, October 31, 2011

Fast Forward... September 2011

Jason went in for his appointment to get an Angiogram. *Angiogram is an x-rays of blood vessels it uses a special dye and camera (fluoroscopy) to visualize the arteries on the surface of the heart to see if any of them are blocked. The test showed the Jason didn't have any clogged arteries, but he had so much fluid around the heart that they did not want to wait any longer..He is getting the LVAD, and he is going to be admitted  to MCV in 5 days to start draining the fluid off of his heart.

Seriously, I could not grasp the news I was hearing. I knew this day would come, but I sure thought I'd have more time. I was so excited, but scared to death at the same time. They told us that after the surgery he would be in the hospital for 21 days...21 days?????? I cant stand to be away from him for 21 hours! Not that I'd be totally away from him, but I hated that I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep with him next to me every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment