Thursday, December 1, 2011

If your loved one has heart problems..Dont look to the internet for comfort!

You find out that your loved one has a heart problem. The first thing is to search everything on the Internet to find out everything you can about the diagnosis right? WRONG! The best thing to do is to call the Cardiologist office, and ask if they can recommend sites for you to become more knowledgeable of the diagnosis.

I regret to say that I did not do this, and I wished dearly that I had. The Internet will scare you half to death, and all I kept doing was trying to find a better site that had better news than the one before.

I am embarrassed to say this, but at one time I didn't want Jason to receive a donor heart because I thought with the LVAD period, that he would have more time with me.( See what it can do!)

Live and learn... Some good sites to go on If you know your loved one needs an LVAD are: Thoratec.com ( the makers of this awesome equipment) and Mylvad.com. Now I'm sure there are plenty more, but those are my favorite.

They will also have classes at the hospital where you loved one will be receiving the LVAD, but I have always preferred LOTS of information!

No comments:

Post a Comment